Billing Specialist Job Description Samples
Billing Specialist Job Description Sample 1:
Job Setting: Consulting Engineering/Architectural office
Minimum Requirements: High School diploma required.Minimum 3 years of project billing experience required, with at least one of those years in accounting operations for a multi-discipline consulting engineering/architectural office, job cost support and invoice processing.Proficiency with Excel and MS Word critical.Must possess a high level of interpersonal and communications skills; demonstrated ability to interact with different experience levels of accounting staff and project managers within the Company. Communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.Must have strong problem solving skills, play close attention to detail, and have the ability to prioritize work. Must also have the ability to work well under pressure and deliver within required deadlines.
The successful candidate will:Update and review Billing Log as necessary.Review contract terms and verification of job setup paperwork.Ensure that submitted information is accurate and in compliance with company accounting standards and government requirements.Work with project manager to identify and verify information on project is under run or overrun.Prepare monthly accountability report at the end of each month to explain the billing status of a project.Work with project manager to finalize invoices for submittal to client.Develop expertise in all billing issues for assigned group of clients and interface with contract administrator for full understanding of contractual matters that impact invoicing a particular client and/or contract.Investigate and resolve billing issues to ensure jobs are billed within the appropriate time.
Billing Specialist Job Description Sample 2:
Job Setting: Accounting Firm
The successful candidate will be a member of the Finance & Accounting Team. The primary responsibility will be to process, verify, balance, and adjust billing and accounts payabletransactions requiring the use of independent judgement. An integral part of this role is liaising with internal project managers, accounts payable and credit and collections coordinators proactively. As well, the Billing Specialist is expected to seek continuous improvements in productivity.
- Preparing and processing work in progress and billings to ensure that all client invoices are billed accurately, consistently within client requirements and on a timely basis.
- Reviewing and reconciling account balances in Work In Progress and in Accounts Receivable.
- Tracking the turnaround times for the billing cycle.
- Setting-up, editing, maintaining, and closing projects and proposals.
- Processing and recording accounts receivable transactions(1).
- Ensuring proper approval and allocation of payables(2) and internal accounting records(3).
- Coding, entering, reconciling, and balancing payables and internal accounting records.
- Facilitating, and processing cheque requisitions, employee advances, cheque runs, petty cash and travel compensation requests.
- Researching and resolving billing and accounts payable issues with external and internal clients.
- Educating the consulting staff on accounting topics and the capabilities of the accounting system to meet their needs.
- Assessing current billing operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes.
- Supporting the members of accounting with accounts payable tasks, billing tasks, accounts receivable tasks, and the development and completion of special projects.
(1) AR TRANSACTIONS, such as cash, direct deposits, terminal cash, and credit card payments.
(2) PAYABLES, such as vendor overhead and project chargeable invoices, employee expenses, out-of-office timesheets, and credit cards.
(3) INTERNAL ACCOUNTING RECORDS, such as journal entries, and travel compensation.
The preferred candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- 3+ years experience; project accounting experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Great communication
Billing Specialist Job Description Sample 3:
Job Setting: Oil & Gas Company Supplier
The successful Billing Specialist must be available to start immediately and meet the following qualifications. 2+ years of progressive experience in an online billing role. Exceptional attention to detail and an eye for spotting errors and discrepancies. Strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to see issues through to resolution. Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel and a proven aptitude for computers. Preference will be given to individuals with experience working with ADP, or Cortex.
Our client, a progressive supplier to the oil and gas industry currently has a temporary opportunity for an experienced Billing Specialist with experience in electronic billings. This individual will be responsible for a number tasks associated with the timely and accurate billing to their oil and gas clients including: online processing of invoices, fielding customer enquiries, researching and trouble shooting billing issues, assisting customers with payment solutions reconciliation of accounts, and creation and upkeep of reports in Microsoft Excel.