Legal Assistant Job Description Samples
Legal Assistant Job Description 1:
Assists with entry-level paralegal responsibilities for Legal department. Works independently with minimal supervision, performs administrative duties including creating and preparing routine materials, proofreading, verifying, and editing all materials for extreme accuracy and clarity. Utilizes advanced computer skills to prepare complex correspondence, reports, charts, tables, graphs, and forms. Uses discretion and judgment when screening visitors and telephone calls, schedules appointments and travel, and organizes workload to meet established priorities. Handles confidential information professionally and consistent with legal and ethical policies.
**Position is 75% Entry-Level Paralegal and 25% Administrative**
Essential Job Functions
- Understands complex business-related legal documents including supply agreements, acquisition and sale agreements, joint venture agreements, and service and vendor related agreements, and supports document management process.
- Assists in engagement of outside counsel and management of legal spend
- Engages in corporate governance, including drafting board and stockholder resolutions, maintaining all corporate records, minute books and filings, maintaining entity history and corporate database, responsible for the acquisition of business licenses and interacting with various Secretaries of State.
- Generates various reports for audits and/or internal meetings.
- Maintains project files and keep all matters updated and current.
- Performs research and support activities to assist attorneys.
- Uses PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, and other programs in preparation of correspondence, documents and/or presentations; efficiently creates charts, graphs, tables, and text slides; responsible for formatting consistency and accuracy on time-sensitive, high-profile documents.
- Establishes and maintains filing systems; classifies, sorts, and files correspondence, records, media clips and other documents.
- Works independently to manage timing and action plans for completing department functions and preparing correspondence, reports and other documents ahead of need.
- Handles complex travel arrangements (both domestic and international).
- Coordinates meetings, calls and conferences to include: ordering meals, scheduling conference rooms, and room set up. Tear down, stock and clean conference rooms following meetings.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Administrative Assistant experience supporting corporate office in administrative capacity
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent telephone, writing, and proofreading skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently
- Paralegal certificate highly desired
- 2+ years of paralegal experience highly desired
- Experience working in a legal setting is highly preferred
Legal Assistant Job Description Video: