Receptionist Job Description Samples
Reception Job Description 1:
A full-time position is available for a front desk receptionist at our corporate office. This position will require the operation of an AT&T phone system in a courteous and timely manner and supply company information as needed.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
• Must exhibit a professional, customer service attitude whereby your performance should give a positive impression of the company to outside callers.
• Greet visitors in a professional manner.
• Answer and direct incoming calls following proper phone procedures and policies.
• Must be able to handle rapidly changing situations.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English and have proper grammatical speech. (Bilingual, Spanish a plus).
Reception Job Description 2:
Perform duties too varied and diverse to be classified in any specific office clerical occupation, requiring limited knowledge of office management systems and procedures. Clerical duties may be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of individual establishments and may include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing and filing.
- Communicate with customers, employees and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders and address complaints
- Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages
- Compile, copy, sort and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities
- Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, invoices, or checks
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines and personal computers
- Compute, record and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing and database systems, either manually or using a computer
- Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests
- Deliver messages and run errands
- Inventory and order materials, supplies and services
- Complete work schedules, manage calendars and arrange appointments
- Process and prepare documents, such as business or government forms and expense reports
- Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, and record and transcribe minutes
- Make travel arrangements for office personnel
Necessary Skills / Qualifications
- Telephone skills
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Number Facility – The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly
- Interacting with computers
- Communicating with supervisors, peers, or subordinates
- Performing administrative Activities
- Organizing, planning and prioritizing work
- Making decisions and solving problems
Receptionist Job Description Video: